Friday, April 17, 2009

Marketing Strategy: An Unexpected Sales Lead

Okay, I know its been a while since I wrote.

The office has been really busy with the post-event business, and now opening for new bookings for the next fair.
Today I had an interesting experience in the midst of looking for new leads. Since I was in charge of working on lifestyle related leads, there I was flipping through this magazine which featured ads of different kinds. My eye fell on this one particular ad which was advertising a certain lifestyle product. The product featured had about 60 outlets in total, detailing the mobile number of each outlet.

So dialing the mobile number as provided, the phone rang and someone answered. I asked for the H/Q number of the company for the product featured, and then this person (who I could guess was the manager for the outlet) said that they were only re-sellers of the product. Then she even prodded for more information and said that perhaps she could help me instead.

So I relayed to her the news about the expo that my company was intending to hold, the venue, the benefits and who were our partners as well as our A&P activities. Surprise. Surprise!

I ended up forwarding information to her.... what a surprising way of getting a lead when one is not even looking for it.

Related Links:
Wikipedia- Lead Generation , Sales Lead

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails