Thursday, January 28, 2010

Term Deposits: Citibank Malaysia & Maybank.

Today, or rather last night, I "pledged" two Term Deposits, as what my friend in the banking industry calls it.

Term Deposits is an Australian term I picked up, but here in Malaysia, it's called Fixed Deposits. I prefer calling it Term Deposits. So, one was created at Citibank via online. The other at Maybank via online.

MAYBANK
The term deposit created via Maybank online was automatically created. So I knew for sure my money was already in the TD. However, the one at Citibank took a while...

CITIBANK MALAYSIA
I called up Citibank this afternoon, and was told by the person on the phone that if my application was successful, I'd receive an email in a matter of three days that it had been created.

Well, what's the deal with this? Why do they require us to have to go to the outlet, and show our identification cards just to create the Term Deposit?

It makes no sense when it is with the intention of keeping money in the bank and not withdrawing it? What a Total Waste of Time. Citibank should learn to communicate better with the locals and make things easier for themselves by not requiring such red tape.

Maybe I should drop their Customer Service a note to query them on this matter.

It so happened that I received a call from Citibank this evening. I didn't pick up their call as I was in a company meeting with another bank. For all I know, it could have been some person from their Credit Card department trying to sell their cards.

Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails