Thursday, October 22, 2009

Australia: Myer One cardholders - More places to earn credit.



I've held a Myer card since my Toowoomba undergraduate days. Yet, I rarely used the card- as I barely did much shopping there. Granted, Myers is to the Aussies, what Isetan is to Malaysians. An upmarket retail establishment.

If I am not wrong, Coles & Myers used to be under one management.. and I used to take out my Coles card to collect the points. It was very much later that I realised that the point conversion was very much higher than what I was used to in Malaysia. It would take such a long time to collect points, that I decided to forgo bringing out the card altogether.

Currently, for a limited time period, Citibank Malaysia has launched a programme offering in exchange to its credit card-members the equivalency of 180 Citibank Reward Points to RM1.00 to be redeemed instantly at specific places.

Getting points as you buy- is a very asian thing, and currently practiced a lot by the Malaysian financial institutions for their credit card-members. It IS very evident in Japan, and South Korea, I realised when I was there. Malaysia and Singapore have yet to even compete on that level!

The Canadian traveller who I met in Gyeongju told me that they even have point-cards in the japanese bar he frequented in Tokyo! But since everything IS expensive in Japan, every yen counts!!

With this, I guess Australian shopping establishments are catching up on that practice now....

If you are a Myer One card holder, click here to find more places to collect those points!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails