Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sales Strategy: Waiting the Customer Out.

 I have had a number of clients who have been really pushy, and demanding. I am in what is described as the 'rent-space-for-showcase' business. These clients have demanded high discounts, and good allocations from us on the supplier side. Some had even informed me that they were willing to let go of taking part in the showcasing project initially.

As their demands had been what is deemed excessive, I decided to take a step back. Indeed, one would call my way as 'not being pushy'. So much so, I had taken my own sweet time to get back to them. Yet, the places allocated to these guys is pretty much prime spots.

Perhaps, for some, this approach would not work, as there will be other clients who are serious about participation. I discerned that this guys were going for the 'waiting game'. The party that relents
the first will lose. Finally, they called up, and asked how they were supposed to join.

The ball was definitely in my favour. Yes, as you can see, pushy does not work each time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails