Thursday, October 22, 2009

Malaysia: Bankcard/E-Debit System Not Very STABLE!

From my previous experience of using my Maybank Bankcard or e-debit card (as they call it in Malaysia) I have found that a lot of terminals have problem with the system.

THE SCENARIO

I had made a transaction on an EON bank card terminal. The amount swiped was Rm1,000.00. However, the terminal did not print out the receipt, as per the normal. Yet, when I checked on my online banking, I found out that Rm1,000.00 had already been transferred over to card terminal account..

Fortunately, the merchant was kind enough to "reserve" the transaction for me. For the next two weeks thereafter, I was living from hand-to-mouth.. as my bank account had almost zero savings... and had to call the bank up to expedite the refund of my monies.

From discussions with friends who have used the Bankcard/E-Debit feature, it seems that it is an occuring problem amongst the other E-Debit cards as well....

CONCLUSION
In return, I have found that the cards with the VISA or MASTERCARD logos are much more reliable, with less terminal error problems occuring. Although they are not as safe as the E-Debit cards, well...

I now keep the E-Debit cards for the purpose of money withdrawal, and the occasional small amount purchases..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails