Friday, July 31, 2009

Maybank: Limited Version "SonyCard" Application Approved!

Recently, during the Maybank Treats Fair at Mid Valley, I decided to put in an application for credit card. There were a number of credit cards on showcase, so it took me a while to decide which card to apply for.

Finally, the consultant then informed that I could put in an application for a few cards, and the credit card processing department will choose one that I was most qualified for. So, I decided to put in an application for not only the Limited Version "SonyCard", but the American Express Gold Credit Card as well.

After waiting for two days, I received a text message on my mobile informing me that my application for the card was approved!

The card comes with exclusive Sony discounts, extended warranty, sale previews and more. Among its features include:
* Free For Life No Annual Fee.
* Up to 24 months' extended warranty on Sony products
* Built-in Visa Wave feature: just wave and go!
*10X Treat Points when purchasing Sony products at Sony Style, Sony Centre and selected Sony Designated Stores

Anyways, as I had only just started working in Malaysia recently, I was told only to provide
  • A copy of 3 months pay-slip (original).
  • A copy of my job offer from my Employer (original)
  • A photocopy of my university degree (which was certified, in my case).
I was told it would only take 3 hours to receive the text message, but in my case as it was my first application, it took about 2 days. Well, that was an experience!

Since I was away when I received the text message, and had only just returned from Penang, I called the bank, and was informed that they still had the card with them, and would be forwarding the card to my home-branch for collection.

Oh well. Better safe than sorry sometimes. ^^ Can't wait to get my card!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails